One of our Gluten Free Sausage Recipes is Red Cabbage and Gluten Free Sausages which combines gluten free sausages with delicious red cabbage!
Red Cabbage and Gluten Free Sausage Recipe Directions
- Heat the oil in a large pan and brown the sausages all over.
- Add the onions and cook until softened.
- Then tip in the cabbage, sugar, red wine, a pinch of salt and a shake of chili sauce.
- Cover the pan and lower the heat.
- Cook gently for about an hour, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is soft.
- For the last few minutes, take the lid off the pan and raise the heat to boil down the juices so they just coat the cabbage.
2 tbsp olive
454 g pack of Hodgins gluten free sausages
1 red onion finely sliced
1kg red cabbage , thinly sliced
3 tbsp dark muscovado sugar
250ml red wine (optional)
250ml soured cream or creme fraiche, to serve