- Heat the oil in a large pan and brown the sausages all over.
- Add the onions and cook until softened.
- Then tip in the cabbage, sugar, red wine, a pinch of salt and a shake of chili sauce.
- Cover the pan and lower the heat.
- Cook gently for about an hour, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is soft.
- For the last few minutes, take the lid off the pan and raise the heat to boil down the juices so they just coat the cabbage.
2 tbsp olive
454 g pack of Hodgins gluten free sausages
1 red onion finely sliced
1kg red cabbage , thinly sliced
3 tbsp dark muscovado sugar
250ml red wine (optional)
250ml soured cream or creme fraiche, to serve