One of our Sausage Recipes is Sausage Casserole which combines Hodgins Gluten Free Sausages with chorizo, baby leeks and delicious vegetables!
Sausage Casserole Directions
- Gently heat the olive oil in a deep pan. Add the onions and garlic, fry until softened.
- Add the chopped Hodgins sausages and gently brown.
- Put in the chorizo and turn the heat up slightly so that it sweats off some of the oil. Add the pancetta and leeks and stir to combine.
- Add the butter beans, stock, mushrooms and thyme. Bring it to the boil, turn down and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile shred and core the cabbage, blanch in hot water and refresh, before adding to the casserole.
- Simmer for 5 minutes before serving.
2 tbsp olive oil
2 medium diced onions
1 clove garlic, chopped
6 Hodgins gluten Free sausages chopped into chunks
55g chorizo sausages, chopped into chunks
55g pancetta, cubed
4 baby leeks, finely sliced
235g tinned butter beans, drained
1.5 litres vegetable stock
8 medium flat mushrooms, sliced
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 Savoy cabbage
140g mature cheddar , grated