This mouthwatering mac
and cheese recipe is
the ultimate comfort dish!
- 400g Macaroni
- 1 packet of Hodgins BBQ sausages
- 40g butter
- 40g flour
- 800ml milk
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tps of smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp Hot Sauce
- 250g of grated cheddar cheese
- Handful of parmesan cheese
- Handful of rocket leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1-1.5 cups of breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- Add the Macaroni pasta to a pan of water and bring to the boil and cook.
Fry the Hodgins BBQ sausages in a pan with oil until golden brown and set aside.
In a large hot pan add the butter, flour and milk and stir until creamy. Season well with salt and pepper.
Add the mustard, rosemary, paprika, hot sauce, grated cheese and sausages to the butter, flour and milk mixture. Then add the cooked macaroni and stir all together gently.
- For the breadcrumb top, melt the butter in the pan, sprinkle in the breadcrumbs and cook until golden.
- Add the golden breadcrumbs to the macaroni and sausage mixture, transfer to an oven proof dish.
Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top and cook at 170 degrees for ten minutes
Prior to serving drizzle some more hot sauce over the top (optional), and garnish with some rocket leaves.
- Serve and Enjoy!