Our Gluten Free Shakshuska recipe
is a one-pot wonder and perfect for
breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Gluten Free Shakshuska Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 454 g pack of Hodgins Gluten Free Sausages
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 sweet red peppers, sliced into rings
- 100g sliced kale
- 4 large free range eggs
- 50g Greek yoghurt to top (optional)
- Heat a large frying pan or skillet on the hob. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and then add the sausages. Brown the sausages, move them around with a spatula. 0nce you get that nice golden colour all over, remove them from the pan, and place to one side.
- Add the sliced onions to the pan and saute them gently for around 4 minutes until soft and translucent. Be careful not to let them get brown
- Add the crushed garlic, smoked paprika, sliced red peppers and tinned tomatoes. Cook gently for around 10 minutes with the lid on the pan.
- Meanwhile, slice the browned sausages into two or three pieces each and return to the pan with the kale once the sauce has simmered for 10 minutes or so.
- Cook gently for a couple of minutes until the kale has wilted.