Use Hodgins Gluten Free Sausages
to make this family-friendly sausage casserole.
Serve it over baked potatoes or pasta.
Sausage Casserole Ingredients
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium diced onions
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 6 Hodgins gluten Free sausages chopped into chunks
- 55g chorizo sausages, chopped into chunks
- 55g pancetta, cubed
- 4 baby leeks, finely sliced
- 235g tinned butter beans, drained
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- 8 medium flat mushrooms, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 Savoy cabbage
- 140g mature cheddar, grated
- Gently heat the olive oil in a deep pan. Add the onions and garlic, fry until softened.
- Add the chopped Hodgins sausages and gently brown.
- Put in the chorizo and turn the heat up slightly so that it sweats off some of the oil. Add the pancetta and leeks and stir to combine.
- Add the butter beans, stock, mushrooms and thyme. Bring it to the boil, turn down and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile shred and core the cabbage, blanch in hot water and refresh, before adding to the casserole.
- Simmer for 5 minutes before serving.