This sausage quiche recipe is
packed full of colourful Mediterranean veggies
and our delicious traditional sausages
- 1 packet of ready made short crust Pastry (or home made pastry)
- 1/3 of a courgette, finely chopped
- 1/3 of a red or orange pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 of a leek, finely chopped (optional)
- 5 Hodgins sausages
- 3 eggs beaten
- 220ml milk
- Salt and white pepper
- Olive Oil
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the vegetables and fry until soft and golden brown, season well with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- Place the Hodgins sausages in the pan and cook gently. Once cooked slice them into small slices and allow to cool.
- While the sausages are cooling, roll out the pastry and place it into a pie or quiche dish. Cover it with some grease proof paper and top with some baking weights. Blind bake the pastry at 150 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pastry from the oven.
- Whisk the eggs and add the milk, season with salt and pepper.
- Place the cooked sausages and vegetables into the Pastry case, pour over the egg and milk mixture and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 35 minutes or until the egg mixture has a golden colour on top and is set.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!