Our Sausage Bolognese combines
Hodgins Traditional Sausages with
Italian tomato sauce & pasta
Sausage Bolognese Ingredients
- 2 tbsp olive
- 454 g pack of Hodgins gluten free sausages
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 1kg red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp dark muscovado sugar
- 250ml red wine (optional)
- Chilli sauce
- 250ml soured cream or creme fraiche, to serve
- Heat a large, wide frying pan, skin the sausages and slice finely or crumble onto the pan.
- Add the fennel seeds (there’s no need to add any oil).
- Fry for a few minutes until golden and the fat is released, stirring well to break up the meat.
- Add the mushrooms and fry for a few minutes until they begin to soften.
- Stir in the wine now, if using, bubble for 1 min,
Then add the tomato sauce and heat through until bubbling.
- Meanwhile, boil the penne.
- When ready, drain and tip into the sauce, Mix well until completely coated, and then divide between four plates, finishing with a little Parmesan.
Tip : The sausage meat gives this dish great flavour