Our Red Cabbage and Gluten Free Sausages
recipe is an extremely tasty, all in one dish.
Perfect for a healthy mid-week treat.
Red Cabbage and Gluten Free Sausages Ingredients
- 2 tbsp olive
- 454 g pack of Hodgins gluten free sausages
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 1kg red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp dark muscovado sugar
- 250ml red wine (optional)
- 250ml soured cream or creme fraiche, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan and brown the sausages all over.
- Add the onions and cook until softened.
- Then tip in the cabbage, sugar, red wine, a pinch of salt and a shake of chilli sauce.
- Cover the pan and lower the heat.
- Cook gently for about an hour, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is soft.
- For the last few minutes, take the lid off the pan and raise the heat to boil down the juices so they just coat the cabbage.
- Then season.