Stuffed Bell Peppers are easy to
make using minimal ingredients
and they are ready in no time
Stuffed Bell Pepper Ingredients:
Serves: 2 people
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 2 bell peppers
- 80g couscous
- 200ml chicken stock (or just enough to cover the couscous)
- 100g Hodgins Black Pudding
- 50g courgette
- 50g mushrooms
- 50g onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. of fresh basil, thyme, oregano
- 1 tsp. of paprika
- Add the couscous to a bowl and barely submerge with hot chicken stock. Cover with a towel to allow the couscous to absorb.
- Cut the top inch off the bell pepper and hollow it out to form a cup-like shape. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and bake for 5-10 minute to slightly soften.
- In a frying pan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil with the finely chopped onion, mushroom, garlic, courgette and black pudding. Season with paprika, basil, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper. Fry for 10-15 minutes until browned and softened. Add the cooked couscous to the pan and mix. Remove from heat.
- Fill the bell peppers with the pudding & couscous mix.
- Top with some grated cheese and bake again for 10-15 minutes until the bell pepper is cooked through and soft.